Rates Effective September 2021
- Weekly edition (both traditional print and e-edition) published each week on Wednesday mornings – 52 editions per year.
- News content is identical within both the print and online e-edition.
- Daily news stories are posted online at www.thevillagereporter.com making our traditional weekly newspaper operation equally a faster daily newspaper (while maintaining the hometown weekly news edition format that is strongly followed by local readers).
- Advertisement deadline weekly Fridays @ 5 p.m. before edition publication (the following Wednesday).
- Billed advertisement is due by the 15th of the month. A late fee of 5% or $2 minimum is charged for past due invoices. Major credit cards accepted.
Why Market With “The Village Reporter”?
- MAXIMUM EXPOSURE – MINIMAL PRICE – Advertisement is published within our weekly print product while also inserted online next to web content for no additional cost for an entire week. Online advertisement is also linked to the client’s website and/or social media page (no additional costs).
- OPTIONS – The Village Reporter offers a large circulation in comparison to many smaller weekly newspapers generally at rates equal to or more affordable than other media outlets.
- WELL READ – Weekly newspapers composed of local news are read from front to back, giving your advertisement excellent exposure.
- SHELF LIFE – Advertisement in weekly newspapers makes sense:
(1) Long Shelf Life
(2) More Affordable Rates Compared To Larger Daily Papers With A Short Shelf Life
(3) Highly Desired Local News Next To Your Promotion.
- UNIQUE NEWS – A high percentage of Hometown News printed each week by The Village Reporter cannot be read, heard, or watched anywhere else. Readers can flip through regional television channels, search websites online, listen to the radio, enjoy coffee talk at a local restaurant, or even dig through larger daily papers. Even if readers had enough time to do all this, they would still miss the majority of their local news! Placing your advertisement next to LOCAL news will grab the attention of LOCAL consumers.
Readership (Formerly Circulation)
Newspapers in the past used a term known as “circulation” when assisting local businesses and government entities market their products and services through placed advertisement. Circulation was simply how many physically printed newspapers were distributed overall and/or to a particular zip code. With the introduction of the internet, website exposure, along with social media; some newspapers including The Village Reporter have slowly ventured away from utilizing “circulation” numbers with “readership” numbers. “Readership” is a combined calculation of traditional print circulation numbers along with online exposure – a more accurate tracking system as newspapers across the country continue to drift more towards online publishing.
Recent Readership Circulation Numbers
• Print & E-Edition Circulation (Weekly Average) = 925 x 2.5 (National Average Of Readers Per Sold Newspaper) = 2,312 Print Readers
• Advertisement Loads On Website = Weekly Average = 57,707
• Total July 2021 Readership Per Week Average = 60,019
*Example: $100 Advertisement Placed = $100 / number of times ad appeared in print & online = less than 2/10th of one penny per appearance!
*Website statistics monitored and tallied by Google Analytics.
*Print circulation numbers audited by annual Postal Statement Of Ownership, Print Press records, along with USPS Postal One mailing records.
Print Advertisement Size
Print Column Sizes (Width)
1 Column ………………… 1.6 Inches
2 Columns ……………….. 3.5 Inches
3 Columns ……………….. 5.3 Inches
4 Columns ……………….. 7.1 Inches
5 Columns ……………….. 8.9 Inches
6 Columns ……………….. 10.75 Inches
Open Advertisement Rate
- $9.50 – Per Column Inch (Column Wide x Height)
- $100 – Add Full Color To Your Advertisement
- Charity & Non-Profits Receive 10% Discount On Above Listed Price.
- $450 Half Page (Free Full Color) = 35.5% Discount
- $600 Full Page (Free Full Color) = 53.7% Discount
Special Section Rates
- Shop At Home Business Directory – (Weekly) – $13.00 Per Week / Free Featured Business Rotation
- Hometown Huddle Sponsorship (Weekly) – $13.00 Signature Ad /$21.00 Business Card
- Church Page Sponsorship (Weekly) – $13.00 Signature Ad /$21.00 Business Card
- Front Page Banner (Full Color) – $225.00 (As Available On Print Publication)
- Community Calendar (Weekly) – $21.00 Standing Business Card (1 Column x 3 Inch)
- Classified Advertisement (Prepaid Only) – $9.00 For 1-20 Words; $11.00 For 20-40 Words; +$2 Each Additional 20 Word Block
- Flyers / Inserts – $.10 Cents Per Flyer Inserted Into Print Publication
Website Only Ads
- $50 Side Ad (Weekly) – Appears Next To Website Stories (Right Side) & Can Link To Your Business Website Or Facebook Page.
- $200 TOP Banner Ad (per week) – Appears On Home Page & Top Of All Stories.
*”Website Only Ads” will remain online for a week, minimum of 75,000 loads next to online news content and are linked to your website and/or social media page.