After the Pledge of Allegiance, Bryan City Council began the November 21, 2022 council meeting with the approval of the minutes for the November 7, 2022 meeting, and with no public concerns, moved on to approve the clerk/treasurer’s report.
Next on the agenda was the passage of Ordinance 55 -2022 authorizing the clerk treasurer to do the change order for the Pavement Marking program, making small payment.
Also approved were:
- Ordinance 56 – authorizing the clerk treasurer to issue change order #1 for the 2022 Asphalt Program, getting money back.
- Ordinance 57 – providing for transfer of funds and declaring an emergency, $3,700,000.
- Ordinance 58 – providing for annual appropriations for City of Bryan, and declaring an emergency. $1,710,000.
- Ordinance 59 – authorize the mayor to enter into contracts on behalf of the Bryan Fire Department for mutual aid for fire protection services for Center Township, Pulaski Township and Jefferson, suspend and pass.
- Resolution 51 – accepting a donation from Project 2020, an initiative of Bryan Area Foundation, to the Parks and Recreation Department of the interactive fountain. Mayor thanked them for the donation, specifically the Isaac family.
- liquor permit transfer approved with hearing suspended.
As Thanksgiving is the number one day for home cooking fires, the fire chief asked everyone in the public to be very careful this year.
Mayor Carrie Schlade thanked the .5 percent levy committee for their hard work in getting that passed, wished everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, and welcomed everyone to attend the parade on November 25 and to enjoy the downtown area with ChristKindel.
Council members thanked Bryan Area Foundation 20/20 Project for the donation of the fountain, thanked the .5 percent committee, and wished everyone a happy and safe thanksgiving.
They also thanked the voters for passing the .5 percent levy. The parade is at 6:30 on the 25th and parents were reminded to keep their children safe during the parade.
Following a short recess, the council went into an executive session to discuss acquisition of property.