This vintage image was taken looking northeast from the intersection of Bryan’s High and Main streets. The threestory brick structure on the right was completed in September 1900 by the Farmers National Bank. Beginning in 1933, it housed the Citizens National Bank for many years and is today the Williams County Public Library Local History Center. In 1962, the bank was “modernized” by removing its third floor and placing panels on its exterior. The storefront with the red sign was the Morris 5 and 10 cent store. Russell’s clothing store occupied the two-story brick building north (left) of Morris’ store. North of Russell’s is the Niederaur building. The third floor of the Niederaur building was removed following a 1955 fire. The building today is home to Franz Karate. This circa 1950 vintage image is from a color slide taken by the late Eldon Smith of Bryan.Information courtesy of Kevin Maynard.