Action items approved by the Edon School Board at the August 9, 2021 meeting included:
- Transfer of funds in the amount of $294.46 from Class of 2021 to the General Fund
- Transfer of funds in the amount of $1.16 from the FY21 Wellness Grant to the FY22 Wellness Grant
- All Bus drivers and bus routes, as presented, until adjustments are made after the first few days of school
- Recommendation to approve supplemental contracts and revise previously approved contracts for the 21-22 school year, pending successful completion of licensure requirements
- Amend contracts for Sandra Carlson and Tamara Chrisman from four hours to five hours and to classify both as Cook – Part time
- Accept the resignation of Ted Thompson, Paraprofessional, effective immediately
- Five year contract with Parkview Sports Medicine for Athletic Trainer services
- Job description for the positions of School Nurse, Cook/Cafeteria Worker, and Teacher P-6 as drafted and presented
- Contract for Driver’s Education behind the wheel training ($12.50/hr.) for Jim Gallehue for the 21-22 school year
- 20-21-22 District Emergency Operations Plan
- Shared service agreement with Fayette Local Schools for Certified Language Instructor services for the 21-22 school year
- Resolution for the Distribution of Complementary/Compensatory Athletic Passes for the 21-22 school year
Other items approved were the minutes of the regular meeting held on July 12, 2021; Financial Reports for July 2021; Amended Certificate Request from County Auditor; Donations; 2022 HS Band and Choir Trip to Washington, DC; July 2021 NWOESC Substitute Teacher and Paraprofessional lists as presented; County wide plan to return; and Breakfast and lunch prices for the 21-21 school year.
There was some information given and discussion held on the County Return to School Plan and that they will be having In person Instruction. Reports were given by the Treasurer, HS Principal, Elementary Principal and Superintendent.
Superintendent Anthony Stevens shared that the FFA Wall of Fame Dedication on Tuesday, August 10 went well and was a nice opportunity to show the number of degrees held and the strength of the district.
From Treasurer’s report the Board learned that Revenues are up from last year just over $19,000 and expenses are down just over $65,000.
Donations accepted were: $7,287.55 for Elementary Supplies from Edon Northwest Parents Club; $25 for FFA Ron Swank Memorial; $250 for FFA donation for sausage sales and $760 for FFA Donation for Camp from Edon FFA Alumni; $720 for Football Travel Bags from DYCO Mfg.; $6,449 for All Sports – Hudi Package from Edon Athletic Boosters; for Baseball – 250 Club: $200 from Dimension Hardwood Veneers, $100 from State Bank, $400 from Miller Body Shop, $100 each from KP’s Home Service, Ken’s Car Wash, and Thiel Construction, and $200 from Rob Held; $720 for Football Travel Bags from Miller Body Shop.