The Stryker Summerfest planning is underway and members of the Stryker Steering Committee have been busy planning a fun filled day.
The only thing that can’t be planned is the weather. Of course, we are all hoping for a beautiful day with no rain, but that can’t be planned. As history shows, the show will go on!
Last year’s Summerfest had games from the Stryker OCCL, Strong man contest sponsored by Lincoln Street Barbell, food tents from favorite area vendors and community groups, chicken bar-b-que sales, and fun kids’ events. Most of those events are back, will some new events planned in.
[emember_protected custom_msg=”Full content protected for online subscribers. Purchase a one week subscription from the top menu bar for just $1.99 to read all online content (full access). Longer subscription plans are also available. Subscriptions cover our costs to attend local events; bringing forth Hometown News Coverage to our communities.”]
The art show has showcased several different types of art from local artists. From paintings, pottery and photography, its great to see hidden talents from the people of the community. Most artists are even eager to sell their works.
The Mojo Doyle Band will return again this year! Even though the weather did not cooperate last year, it did not spoil the sights and sounds of the Mojo Doyle Band. From top country hits to even some classic rock tunes, the award-winning Mojo Doyle Band will not disappoint.
The new attraction this year will be the Peddle Pull. From experience, it will be a fun time to those participating and the spectators watching. Please watch for further information to be included.
The line up is sure to change, but here is what the Steering Committee has planned so far:
- 7 am-10 am: American Legion Breakfast
- 8 am: Stryker Athletic Booster 5k Run/2 mi Walk/1 mi. Fun Run
- 10 am-8 pm: Just Add Kidz inflatable fun
- 11 am-4 pm: Sassy the Clown face painting and balloons
- 11 am: Parade (10 am line-up at Jagger Cone)
- 11 am: American Legion beer tent
- 12 pm – 6 pm: Stryker Rotary bingo
- 12 pm: Car, truck & motorcycle show featuring Mustangs & Indians
- 12 pm – 8 pm: kids games
- 12:30 pm: Pet parade
- 12 pm – 2 pm: baking contest at the Senior Center
- 12 pm – 8 pm: art show at the Whitlock building
- 1 pm: Kids magic show (NEW EVENT!!)
- 1 pm: Stryker Area Heritage Center (Old Depot) will be open
- 2 pm: Kids & Adult Peddle Pull (NEW EVENT!!)…registration info will soon be available
- 5 pm – 7 pm: Pat Hackett Trio
- 6 pm: Stryker Rotary new car raffle winner announced (tickets can be purchased at Stryker area businesses and any Rotary member)
- 7 pm – 9 pm: Mojo Doyle Band
Of course, events are being added as more participation is requested. Continue to watch for more details. Vendors that would like to be included are asked to contact Dan Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come for food, fun and the annual tradition of the Stryker Summerfest!