By: Jacob Kessler
The Fulton County Commissioners held their first meeting of the week on Tuesday, March 28th. The meeting began at 9:00 a.m. with the Pledge of Allegiance and a prayer.
Minutes from the previous meeting held on March 23rd were then approved along with the current agenda and payment of the bills.
A review then took place of the weekly Dog Warden reports for periods ending March 4th and March 11th as well as a review of correspondence from the Ohio Department of Development.
The following agenda items were then approved.
– Resolution 2023-262 for the increase and transfer of appropriations for various departments.
– Resolution 2023-263 to proclaim April 2023 as National County Government Month.
– Resolution 2023-264 to approve legal and authorize an ad for the 2023 Fulton County Seal Coat Project.
– Resolution 2023-265 to enter into Contract 2023-72 with Operation One27, LLC.
– Resolution 2023-266 to re-appoint members to the Zoning Commissioner and Board of Zoning Appeals.
– Resolution 2023-267 to approve an inter county transfer for JFS.
– Resolution 2023-268 to authorize participation in the ODOT Road Salt Contracts.
– Resolution 2023-269 to accept the resignation of Senior Center Employee.
– Resolution 2023-270 to accept a personnel request on behalf of the senior center for a new hire.
– Resolution 2023-271 to accept a personnel request on behalf of the senior center for a new hire.
– Resolution 2023-272 to approve purchase orders and travel requests.
Commissioners then entered into recess at 9:09 a.m. and returned at 9:15 a.m. Upon their return, Tim schneider with Senator Vance’s Office gave an introduction to commissioners about the Senator and when he was sworn into office. Following this discussion, the meeting was adjourned at 9:20 a.m.
The commissioners then held their second meeting of the week on Thursday, March 30th. The meeting began at 9:00 a.m. with the Pledge of Allegiance and a prayer.
Minutes were then approved for the meeting held on March 28th along with the current agenda. A review took place next regarding the certificate of cash payments for Ditch 2147-Amboy Township, Liquor Permit notice from the Ohio Department of Commerce, and correspondence from the Department of Agriculture Accepting Apiary Appointment.
The following agenda items were approved next.
– Resolution 2023-275 for the increase and transfer of appropriations for various departments.
– Resolution 2023-276 to rescind Resolution 2023-244 – to approve personnel request on behalf of JFS – new hire.
– Resolution 2023-277 to enter into LPA Policy Agreement 2023-73 with ODOT on behalf of the Engineer.
– Resolution 2023-278 to accept the resignation of a Senior Center Employee.
– Resolution 2023-279 to approve purchase orders and travel requests.
With no further business to attend to, the meeting was adjourned.
Jacob can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org