Kevin Morton was elected President of Council at the January 4, 2021 meeting of the Archbold Village Council. Council voted to approve:
• Minutes of December 21, 2020
• Payment of bills and payroll in the amount of $297,973.29
• Ordinance 2021-01 An ordinance appointing officers and board members in service to the Village of Archbold, Ohio and declaring an emergency
• Resolution 02 Authorizing sale of personal property by internet auction and declaring an emergency
• Resolution 03 Accepting F&M’s offer to Convey the Bank Branch located at 1313 S. Defiance to the Village of Archbold and declaring an emergency (F&M has offered to give the building to the village if they want it and this resolution says that they do want to accept it. There were a few conditions which are: F&M is permitted to retain with 24/7 access the existing and/or replacement ATM/ITM equipment where presently located for a period to be determined by the bank by way of lease for no further consideration after conveyance of the building; Inclusion of a deed restriction precluding any other financial institution from occupying the building when F&M is utilizing any part of the building and for a period of twenty years thereafter; and Inclusion of a deed restriction providing for a morality standard to preclude certain types of businesses from being operated on the property.) Village Administrator Donna Dettling said in a phone conversation that the mayor has some ideas of how the building might be used, which will be brought up in the future.
• Resolution 04 Accepting the bid from Vernon Nagel, Inc. Contract for East Holland Street Improvements and declaring an emergency
• Resolution 05 Affirming the Terms of Transfer of Ownership of the CCNO Water Tower to the Village of Archbold and declaring an emergency (The village provides water to CCNO and the tower and pipes need better care, so CCNO and Archbold agreed that the village should take it over. CCNO will give $98,000 to help pay for the needed repairs.)
• Resolution 06 Accepting a proposal from John Deere for a 2021 524 L. John Deere Loader for the Street Department and declaring an emergency
• Income Tax Report/receipts for December 2020
In Correspondence, the village received a BWC Dividend refund check in the amount of $126,989.45.
The next meeting is scheduled for Monday, January 18, 2021 at 5:30. Trustee meeting will be held on January 11, 2021.