Defiance and Youngstown, OH-First Federal Bank and Home Savings Bank, who recently merged, are making a $100,000 commitment from the Charitable Foundation to help local non-profit partners address the challenges faced from the COVID-19 global pandemic.
The funds will support organizations which are focused on providing medical supplies, food and other critical health-related essentials to the elderly.
In addition, First Federal Bank has also donated 2,000 N95 masks to the Defiance County Emergency Management Agency (EMA). The masks were from inventory that First Federal Bank had in storage locally in Defiance.
“Since the beginning of this pandemic, reports around the world are showing that the elderly are especially vulnerable during this outbreak. This is true throughout our market areas as well,” stated Vince Liuzzi, EVP and Chief Banking Officer, Head of Community Banking for First Federal Bank. “As a community bank, our local leadership easily identified needs and quickly directed our support to vital community partners serving the elderly within the communities we call home.”
This support includes the following for their programs focused on assisting the elderly:
- 50 North in Findlay, OH
- Aging and In-Home Services of Northeast Indiana Inc. in Fort Wayne, IN
- Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank in Akron, OH
- Allen County Council on Aging in Lima, OH
- American Red Cross of Northwest Ohio in Toledo, OH
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Toledo in Toledo, OH
- Columbus Housing Partnership Inc. dba Homeport in Columbus, OH
- Community Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Indiana Inc. in Fort Wayne, IN
- Easter Seal Society of Mahoning Trumbull and Columbiana Counties in Youngstown, OH
- Eliza Jennings Home in Olmstead Township, OH
- Hebron Ministries in Defiance, OH
- Henry County Senior Center Inc. in Napoleon, OH
- Lenawee County Department on Aging Mobile Meals Foundation in Adrian, MI
- Paulding County Senior Center Steering Committee Inc. in Paulding, OH
- Seneca Country Commission on Aging Inc. in Tiffin, OH
- The Salvation Army of Greater Cleveland in Cleveland, OH
- United Way of Greater Toledo in Toledo, OH
- Williams County Senior Center Support Fund Inc. in Bryan, OH
“We are working to do our part to help by mobilizing the resources of our Foundation across all markets to support our customers, employees and communities in this time of crisis,” explained Don Hileman, CEO, First Federal Bank of the Midwest.
“We are hopeful that these funds will help make an immediate and meaningful impact for those working to save lives, caring for the sick and vulnerable and working to bring an end to this serious challenge.”
“First Federal and Home Savings share a deep commitment to serving our clients and communities. As we continue to grow, so does the impact we have on our communities,” added Gary Small, President, Home Savings Bank.
“Our commitment to providing excellence in service extends beyond banking. It includes giving back to the communities in which we live and work, striving to make a difference each day.”