SENIOR CENTER… A design of the new Senior Center, pictured here, is shown in front of the Commissioners while in session. The building will feature kitchen facilities provided by Breckenridge Kitchen Equipment as approved in the Commissioners Session held on October 6th. (PHOTO PROVIDED)
By: Jacob Kessler
The Fulton County Commissioners held their first meeting of the week on Tuesday, October 4th.
The meeting began at 9:00 a.m. with the Pledge of Allegiance and a prayer.
Commissioners first moved to approve the minutes from the meeting held on September 29th as well as the current agenda as presented.
Approval of the bills took place next along with a review of the month end financial report and sales tax report. Approval of the following agenda items took place next.
– Resolution 2022-676 for the increase and transfer of appropriations for various departments.
– Resolution 2022-677 to award a bid for Nature Fresh commercial drive new road construction project.
– Resolution 2022-678 to approve an ad for Wauseon Soil Cleanup Project – Britsch Property.
– Resolution 2022-679 to approve a notice of award for asbestos inspection for CDBG Demo Project – County Road 2 Swanton.
– Resolution 2022-680 to approve pay request #1 to R. G Zachrich for bridge D11.4 Replacement.
– Resolution 2022-681 to approve purchase orders and travel requests.
Following the approval of the previous agenda items, commissioners entered into recess at 9:06 a.m.
Upon their return to session at 9:29 a.m. the first viewing of Ditch 2148 – Barclay Rod Creager took place.
The history of the ditch was discussed as well as the problems. The first hearing will take place on December 1st, 2022, at 9:30 a.m. The meeting was then adjourned at 9:57 a.m.
The commissioners held their second meeting of the week on Thursday, October 6th. The meeting began at 9:00 a.m. with the Pledge of Allegiance and a prayer.
Commissioners first moved to approve the minutes from the meeting held on October 4th as well as the current agenda as presented.
Reviews then took place regarding correspondence from the Ohio Department of Taxation and the weekly dog warden reports for periods ending September 17th, 2022 and September 24th, 2022.
The following agenda items were then approved.
– Resolution 2022-684 for the increase and transfer of appropriations for various departments.
– Resolution 2022-685 to approve the Center for Child and Family Advocacy as a qualified agency to receive fees collected from marriage licenses and dissolution fees for 2023.
– Resolution 2022-686 to approve contract 2022-92 with Autoagent Data Solutions, LLC on behalf of the Fulton County treasurer.
– Resolution 2022-687 to accept rates for Anthem Life Insurance.
– Resolution 2022-688 to authorize the county administrator to sign amendment #1 to the grant agreement for commercial drive new road construction – Nature Fresh Farms.
– Resolution 2022-689 for the increase and transfer of appropriations for postage reimbursement.
– Resolution 2022-690 to enter into contract 2022-93 with Breckenridge Kitchen Equipment for a new senior center kitchen facility.
– Resolution 2022-691 to approve a personnel request on behalf of JFS.
– Resolution 2022-692 to approve a personnel request on behalf of JFS.
– Resolution 2022-693 to approve purchase orders and travel requests.
Following the approval of the previous agenda items, commissioners moved to a hearing regarding a CDBG application.
Following the hearing, the meeting was adjourned for the morning.
Jacob can be reached at email@example.com