CEBCO … Melissa Bodey from CEBCO, gives a report to Commissioners regarding the first quarter insurance status for county employees. (PHOTO BY JACOB KESSLER, STAFF)
By: Jacob Kessler
The Fulton County Commissioners held their first meeting of the week on Tuesday, May 24th. The meeting was called to order at 9:00 a.m. followed by the Pledge of Allegiance and a prayer.
Commissioners first moved to approve the minutes from the previous meeting held on May 19th. The agenda for the current meeting and payment of the bills were also approved.
A review then took place regarding a proof of service notice for annexation petition 2022-002-Village of Delta. The following agenda items were then approved.
– Resolution 2022-360 for the increase and transfer of appropriations for various departments.
– Resolution 2022-361 to award a bid for the County Road 22/23 Resurfacing Project.
– Resolution 2022-362 to re-appoint members to the ADAMhS Board.
– Resolution 2022-363 To enter into Business Associate Agreement 2022-60 with the Fulton County Health Center.
– Resolution 2022-364 To approve purchase orders and travel requests.
With no further agenda items to discuss, the meeting was adjourned for the morning.
Commissioners then held their second meeting of the week on Thursday, May 26th. The meeting was called to order at 9:00 a.m. followed by the Pledge of Allegiance and a prayer.
The agenda was then approved as amended before Commissioners moved to review the Dog Warden reports for periods ending 05/14/2022 and 05/21/2022. The following agenda items were then approved.
– Resolution 2022-367 for the increase and transfer of appropriations for various departments.
– Resolution 2022-368 to award a bid for the 2022 Asphalt Resurfacing Project.
– Resolution 2022-369 to award a bid for the County Road 22/23 Resurfacing Project.
– Resolution 2022-370 to approve oversight of Amendment #1 to Contract 2021-79 with K&P Medical Transport on behalf of JFS.
– Resolution 2022-371 To approve oversight of Contract 2022-61 with K&P Medical Transport on Behalf of JFS.
– Resolution 2022-372 To enter into Contract 2022-62 with Harness Health Partners for an EAP Agreement for First Responders.
– Resolution 2022-373 To approve Contract 2022-63 with Henschen and Associates on behalf of Adult Probation.
– Resolution 2022-374 To approve purchase orders and travel requests.
– Resolution 2022-375 To authorize an ad for fiscal year CDBG second public hearing.
– Resolution 2022-376 To approve the Ohio Department of Youth Services Juvenile Court funding application and authorize the Board President to sign it.
Commissioners then heard from Melissa Bodey from CEBCO to deliver the organizations quarterly report regarding the insurance status for county employees.
Bodey informed the Commissioners of the total claims made in the first quarter and the kinds of claims made such as emergency or non-emergency and in-patient or out-patient.
Also discussed were the amount of claims for vision, dental, and prescription medications. It was stated that Fulton County is trending higher than the rest of CEBCO in the number of claims being made which may have an effect when it comes time to recertify.
Following the report, Commissioners moved to adjourn the meeting at 9:24 a.m.
Jacob can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org