By: Jacob Kessler
The Fulton County Commissioners held their meeting on Tuesday, May 23rd. The meeting began at 9:00 a.m. with the Pledge of Allegiance and a prayer.
Minutes from the May 18th meeting were approved as well as the current agenda and payment of the bills. The following agenda items were then approved.
– Resolution 2023-420 Increase & Transfer Appropriations for Various Departments.
– Resolution 2023-421 Award Bid for Bridge 2EF.2 Rehabilitation Project on Behalf of the Engineer.
– Resolution 2023-422 Approve Payment Request #1 to Contract 2023-64 with Action Contractors for the New Fulton County Senior Center.
– Resolution 2023-423 Authorize Board President to Execute Juvenile Court Grant Agreement 2023-93.
– Resolution 2023-426 Approve Purchase Orders and Travel Requests.
The following items were not approved and were tabled following discussion.
– Resolution 2023-424 Enter Into Contract 2023-94 with Dotson Company for the Fulton County Health Department Expansion Project. It was stated that the prosecutor would like the item to be tabled.
– Resolution 2023-425 Enter Into MOU 2023-95 with Fulton County SWCD, Fulton County Engineer and Fulton County Auditor. Frank Onweller, the Fulton County Engineer, stated that he was not aware of the MOU and the 1st time he had seen it was on the agenda the day before. He then requested a copy for review. The item was tabled so that all parties can review and discuss it before moving forward.
Commissioners then heard from Mike Remer from the Swanton Schools and Matt Gilroy from the Fulton County Economic Development Corporation.
It was stated that Swanton Schools would like to create a mural on the wall of the Middle School Career Academy.
The mural would feature area businesses and would feature a sticker QR code. The students would be able to scan the code for the different businesses where they can learn more about them.
Remer stated that what they would need from the county is someone who can help make the photos and QR codes.
Commissioner Jon Rupp asked for some time to find the person who would be able to help in that regard.
It was stated that the timeline for this project would be August 1st for the codes to be finalized.
With no other items to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 9:28 a.m.
Jacob can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org