HISTORIC REFLECTION … Williams County history (August 1, 1899): The Union Trust & Savings Bank Company of Bryan, Ohio, opened for busi-ness in the northeast room on the first floor of the Williams County courthouse. Local clothier David A. Wolff was bank president; Amos R. Deweese, vice president; and Elmer Y. Morrow, cashier. By October 1900, the Union Trust & Sav-ings Bank relocated to the building at 134 West High Street (northeast corner of High and Lynn streets) that formerly housed the Farmers National Bank. In 1903, the bank again moved to 127 South Main Street (today occupied by AjaV’s Just Liv Boutique), where it operated until 1933. Late local historian Grant Brown wrote that following Presi-dent Franklin D. Roosevelt’s March 1933 ‘bank holiday,’ “the Union Savings Bank on the east side of the courthouse square…never reopened. The depositors only got 65% of their savings, and of course the stockholders lost all of their stock.” This circa 1910 vintage image of the 100 block of South Main Street (east side of the courthouse square) from the Kevin Maynard collection shows the location of the Union Trust & Savings Bank.