HISTORIC REFLECTION … Williams County history (June 26, 2005): The last service was held at the Clay Ebenezer United Methodist Church at the northeast corner of County Roads 19 and O in Millcreek Township. The Clay Ebenezer Evangelical congregation was organized in 1871 and the following year erected this wooden frame house of worship two miles east of Kunkle. The church was remodeled and a basement added in 1951-52. Following its 2005 closing, the former church was home to Perry’s Fireplaces (2006) and Project H.O.P.E. (Helping Other People Emerge), a faith-based restoration center for women (2012). This May 1953 photograph of the Clay Ebenezer United Methodist Church is from the Williams County Public Library Huffman Photographic Archives.