COMMISSIONERS … The Fulton County Commissioners discuss agenda items before them during the December 15th meeting. (PHOTO BY JACOB KESSLER, STAFF)
By: Jacob Kessler
The Fulton County Commissioners held their first meeting of the week on Tuesday, December 13th.
The meeting began at 9:00 a.m. with the Pledge of Allegiance and a prayer.
Commissioners first moved to approve the minutes from the December 6th meeting as well as the current agenda and listed bills for payment.
Reviews then took place for the following items. Certificate of result of election as issued by the Board of Elections in regard to the 911 system.
Certificate of result of elections as issued by the Board of Elections for the Fulton County Health Department.
Dog warden reports for periods ending 11/12/2022 and 11/19/2022. An amended certificate of estimated resources, certificate of non-compliance, Treasurer to Auditor Balancing Report, and the Investment Report for November 2022.
A discussion followed after regarding an engineering study for the Pleasantville Sanitary Sewer System before moving on to approve the following agenda items.
– Resolution 2022-904 for the increase and transfer of appropriations for various departments.
– Resolution 2022-905 to approve a personnel request on behalf of the JFS for an Internship.
– Resolution 2022-906 to accept a retirement resignation from a senior center employee.
– Resolution 2022-907 to authorize the final pay request to Dan Nixon Construction.
– Resolution 2022-908 to enter into Agreement 2022-118 with Industrial Appraisal Company for appraisal services.
– Resolution 2022-910 to approve purchase orders and travel requests.
Following approval of the agenda items, commissioners heard a department update from Brian Banister before moving on to discuss the upcoming senior center. Following discussion, the meeting was adjourned.
Commissioners then held their second meeting of the week on Thursday, December 15th.
The meeting began at 9:00 a.m. with the Pledge of Allegiance and a prayer. Commissioners first moved to approve the minutes from the December 13th meeting as well as the current agenda.
The dog warden report for periods ending 11/26/2022 and 12/03/2022 were then reviewed before moving on to approve the following agenda items.
– Resolution 2022-913 for the increase and transfer of appropriations for various departments.
– Resolution 2022-914 to approve Payment Request #2 to Rupp Rosebrock for the Fulton County Fairgrounds Hog Barn Project.
– Resolution 2022-915 to approve Change Order #1 for Contract 2022-107 with Michael Baker International for Asbestos Inspections regarding the Demo and Site Revitalization Grant.’
– Resolution 2022-916 to approve assignment and assumption with Amendment #1 to Agreement 2022-62 with Harness Health Partners.
– Resolution 2022-917 to execute a mutual termination agreement with Harness Health Partners.
– Resolution 2022-918 to accept the resignation of a housekeeping employee.
– Resolution 2022-919 to approve purchase orders and travel requests.
The meeting then moved to recess at 9:04 a.m. Upon their return at 9:10 a.m.
Commissioners heard departmental updates from EMS Coordinator Clayton O’Brien and JFS Director Amy Metz-Simon.
Following the updates, the meeting was adjourned.
Jacob can be reached at email@example.com