- July 4 Closed for Independence Day
- July 6 Day Trip, Godspell musical at Tibbits
- July 9 Watch for our Hot Shot truck in the Delta Chicken Festival Parade
- July 30 Watch for our bus in the Wauseon Homecoming Parade; Seniors are invited to ride the bus; Call 419-337-9299 to sign up
- August 6 Watch our Hot Shot truck in the Fayette Bull Thistle Festival Parade
New Suggested Donation for Meals: The suggested meal donation has increased slightly, to $3.00 per meal for home delivery and congregate meals. Meal donations have remained the same for the past seven years.
“A recent survey of our participating seniors showed a large amount of support for this small increase. We greatly appreciate donations as they help us to continue to provide you with quality meals and services.
The increase is effective immediately. The increase is not mandatory, rather a suggested contribution to help with rising costs. Please understand that no eligible senior will be denied a meal due to inability to contribute all or part of the suggested donation.”
The suggested donation for out of county diners or those under age 60 will increase to $5.00 per meal.
SUMMER COOLING HELP: The 2022 Summer Crisis Program (SCP) will provide eligible households with a one-time benefit to assist with electric utility bills up to $500 for regulated & $800 for non- regulated, central air conditioning repairs up to $500, and provide a window air conditioning unit and/ or fan.
This year the program will be open July 1 – September 30, 2022. Household income must be at or below 175% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines and households must have at least one additional eligibility criteria listed below:
- A household member who is age 60 or older.
- A household member has
a documented medical condition verified by a licensed medical professional.
- Percentage of Income Payment Plan Plus (PIPP) customers are eligible for assistance towards their default PIPP payment, first PIPP payment, central air conditioning repairs, or may receive an air conditioning unit and/or fan.
- A household’s electric utility has a disconnect notice, has been shut off, or new electric service is being established for the household. These households may also receive an air conditioning unit and/or fan or central air conditioning repairs, if the household can maintain electric service for 30 days.
Please call the appointment hotline number 1-419-219-4641 to schedule an appointment. For additional questions, call 419-337-8601.
LOCAL COOLING CENTERS: As summer temperatures rise, take note of these Fulton County cooling center locations.
- Crossroads Evangelical Church, 845 E. Leggett Street Wauseon. Monday through Thursday 8:30 am to 5 pm, closed on Fridays.
- Normal Memorial Library, 301 N. Eagle St., Fayette, OH.
Monday & Wednesday 10 am to 5 pm, Tuesday 10 am to 7:30 pm, Thursday 1 pm to 7:30 pm, Friday 1 pm to 5 pm,
Saturday 10 am to 1pm.
- North Clinton Church, 831 W. Linfoot Street, Wauseon. Monday through Friday 8 am to 4 pm.
- John’s Christian Church, 700 S. Defiance Street, Archbold. Monday through Friday 8 am to 9 pm, call first, (419) 446-2545.
- Swanton Public Library, 305 Chestnut St. Swanton, OH 43558. Monday to Thursday 10 am to 7 pm, Friday 10 am to 5:30 pm, Saturday 10 am to 2 pm.
- Trinity Lutheran Church, 410 Taylor St. Delta.
Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm with the doors unlocked from 9 to noon, call first, (419) 822-4579.
- Village of Delta Memorial Hall, 401 Main St. Delta, Ohio, 419-822-3191. Open as a cooling center 24 hours, when the temperature is over 90 degrees and the heat index is over 95 degrees. Doors will be unlocked for those in need.
- Wauseon Public Library, 117 E. Elm Street, Wauseon.
Monday through Friday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm (closed weekends).
COUPONS FOR LOCAL FARMERS’ MARKETS:
- If you are age 60 or over and a resident of Fulton County, you may be eligible to receive coupons from the Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program.
Eligible seniors receive ten $5 coupons and a list of participating farmers’ markets and roadside stands. Coupons can be redeemed for fresh vegetables and fruits plus herbs and honey. Income is based upon the income of the total number of people living in the household.
- You will automatically receive an application in the mail for 2022 if you received coupons for local farmers’ markets in 2021. Coupons will be sent monthly.
If you are homebound, you may assign a proxy to shop for produce for you. If you are new to the program and would like to apply for farmers’ market coupons for the 2022 season, pick up an application at any of our five Senior Center sites. Each household must complete an application every year.
Submit your completed application to Laura Ankney at the Wauseon site or to Area Office on Aging, Toledo. The application is also online at www.areaofficeonaging.com and click on the “Apply Now” button.
- All applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. The Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program is made possible by funding from the United States Department of Agriculture and state and local funding.
MEDICARE ETC. QUESTIONS ANSWERED WITH VAL:
Val Edwards, Information & Referral Specialist, is taking appointments for meetings at locations around the county. Get help understanding Medicare and Social Security issues, insurance, bills, completing applications, and more.
Delta area seniors with appointments can meet with Val at Delta Library on Wednesday, August 10 from 10:00 am to noon. Thursday, August 18, meet Val at the Swanton Library from 10:00 am to noon, by appointment only.
On Thursday, August 25, Val will be at Wyse Commons on Archbold’s Fairlawn campus, by appointment only. Live near Metamora? Make an appointment for Tuesday, August 23 to meet with Val at the Evergreen Library in Metamora from 10:00 am to noon.
In addition, Val is available most weekdays by appointment to meet with seniors at the Fulton County Senior Center, 240 Clinton Street, Wauseon.
Val’s services are offered at no cost to seniors in partnership with Wyse Commons and the local libraries. Please make an appointment in advance with Val for any of these dates by calling 419-337-9299.
FREE CHAIR YOGA CLASS:
Join us Wednesdays at 1 pm for Silver Sneakers Chair Yoga® in the gym at our Wauseon site, 240 Clinton Street. Move through a complete series of seated and standing yoga poses.
Use the support of a chair so you can perform a variety of postures designed to increase flexibility, balance and range of movement. Restorative breathing exercises and final relaxation will promote stress reduction and mental clarity.
This free class is offered in partnership with Fulton County Health Center and taught by a senior, certified yoga instructor. You do not need to have a Silver Sneakers membership to participate.
Please bring your own water bottle labeled with your name. Bring a change of shoes if it’s raining outside to keep the gym floor dry.