(January 27, 1889, 132 years ago): The Union Chapel Church of God in Pulaski Township was dedicated. The congregation that became known as the Union Chapel Church of God was organized as early as 1880. In 1888 they built this wooden frame house of worship at the northwest corner of County Roads A and 18. Union Chapel was the seventh of nine Churches of God erected in Williams County. The name “Union Chapel” was probably due to language in the deed stipulating that the church was to be a “union” church—one open to all Christian denominations—under the direction of the Church of God. The building was used for services prior to its formal dedication on January 27, 1889, by Rev. John Latchaw, president of Findlay College. The church has been remodeled and expanded several times over the years, including the construction of a balcony and several building additions. This photo, taken in 1915, is from the Williams County Public Library Photographic Archives and was copied from an original owned by the church.