ARCHBOLD AREA SCHOOL BOARD 2023 … Pictured Left to Right: Gina Benecke, Skeat Hug, Karen Beck, Tyson Stuckey, Jeremy Hurst. (PHOTO PROVIDED)
By: Amy Wendt
The Archbold Area Schools Board of Education held its first meeting of the year on Monday, January 9, 2023, in the High School Media Center starting with the annual organizational meeting and its regular meeting immediately following.
The board elected Jeremy Hurst as board president and Tyson Stuckey as vice-president for 2023.
Following the election of officers, the Board established the regular monthly meetings.
The consensus agenda with the following items was approved as presented:
- Establish board service fund in the amount of $5,000.
- Approved standard authorizations for treasurer.
- Approved standard authorizations for superintendent.
- Establish District Records Commission (board president, superintendent, and treasurer) to consider the disposal of records as appropriate.
- Appoint OSBA legislative liaison for 2023.
- Appoint OSBA student achievement liaison for 2023.
- Approved membership to the Ohio School Board Association for the 2023 calendar year.
Upon adjourning the organizational meeting, the regular meeting commenced and the following items were approved by the board:
- Consensus Agenda
- Approve a 60-month copier contract with Current Office Solutions beginning March 2023;
- Approve the Archbold Area Schools district calendar for the 2023-2024 school year;
- Personnel Recommendations
- Approved the increase of hourly rate for student worker/casual laborer as follows; 1st year of service $10.10, 2nd year to $10.25 and 3rd year to $10.40 effective January 1, 2023, per the new Ohio minimum wage.
- Items from the board
- Approve a regular board meeting on January 23, 2023 at 5:00 pm immediately followed by a special meeting.
The board then entered an executive session for discussion with legal council and no action was taken.
The next board will be meeting on Monday, January 23, at 5:00 pm and will follow with a special meeting to approve a resolution determining to proceed with the submission to the electors of the question of levying an additional tax.
2023 regular monthly meetings of the Archbold Area Local School District Board of Education will be held at 5:00 pm in the high school media center, unless otherwise specified, on the following dates: January 23, 2023; February 13, 2023; March 20, 2023; April 24, 2023; May 22, 2023; June 19, 2023 (4:30 pm); August 14, 2023 (4:30 pm); September 18, 2023; October 16, 2023; November 20, 2023; December 18, 2023
Amy can be reached email@example.com