By: Jacob Kessler
THE VILLAGE REPORTER
The Fulton County Commissioners held their first meeting of the week on Tuesday, August 22nd. The meeting began at 9:00 a.m. with the Pledge of Allegiance and a prayer.
Minutes from the previous meeting held on August 17th were approved first along with the current agenda and payment of the bills.
Commissioners then moved to discuss zoning fees with Christy Shadbolt from Regional Planning speaking.
Shadbolt explained that she was looking for an increase in prices and had not seen anything since 2007.
The prices are currently set at $100.00 and need to be raised to $150.00. Following this discussion commissioners moved to adopt Resolution 2023-643 to increase zoning fees.
Commissioners next moved to discuss dog licenses, boarding, redemption, adoption, and retrieval fees.
County Auditor Brett Kolb discussed the Dog Warden budget and then went over the current dog license amounts.
Kolb stated that revenue is less than the expenses. Dog Warden Brian Banister discussed the current fees and that he believes most of them are. adequate.
He would however like to take a look at the dart fee which is currently at $50.00. He stated the drug fees have gone up and that they currently paying $72.59 for one dart. He would like to raise that price to at least cover its cost.
Commissioner Jon Rupp asked, with the increases in drug cost, is the county losing on the tranquilizing fees as well. Banister said that the current fee for that covers the cost of service.
Commissioner Joe Short asked what the projected loss for this year is set at. Kolb stated they are looking to be about the same as last year, which is around $20,000, and that they are still going to be upside down.
Commissioner Jon Rupp stated that he feels we need to adjust those costs to at least cover the county’s costs.
Commissioner Jeff Rupp stated he would like to reflect the ORC and increase dog tag licenses to $24.00, increase the kennel license fees to $120.00 and increase the dart fee to $75.00.
Commissioners then moved to approve Resolution 223-644 to establish the dog license, boarding, redemption, and adoption fees for year 2024.
Banister then stated that the retrieval fees are fine as it is an additional fee that is charged on top of the redemption fee.
Commissioners next moved to approve Resolution 223-645 to establish the dog retrieval fee, before also moving to approve the following items.
– Resolution 2023-635 Increase & Transfer Appropriations for Various Departments.
– Resolution 2023-636 Reject Bids for Elmira/Burlington Force Main Relocation Project.
– Resolution 2023-637 Authorize County Engineer to Participate in OPWC State Capital Improvement Program and Execute Contracts as Required for Road D.
– Resolution 2023-638 Authorize Board President to Execute ODSA OCEAN User Role and Assignments.
– Resolution 2023-639 Execute Letter of Support for Grant Application with ODOT for Triangular Processing.
– Resolution 2023-640 Authorize Ad for Housekeeping Employment Opportunity.
– Resolution 2023-641 Authorize Ad for Maintenance Mechanic Employment Opportunity.
– Resolution 2023-642 Approve Purchase Orders and Travel Requests.
With no other items to attend to, the meeting was adjourned at 9:30 a.m.
Commissioners then held their second meeting of the week on Thursday, August 24th. The meeting began at 9:00 a.m. with the Pledge of Allegiance and a prayer.
Minutes from the August 22nd meeting were approved next along with the current agenda. A review then took place of a certificate of cash payments for Ditch 2146 – Clinton Township before moving on to approve the following additional items.
– Resolution 2023-648 Increase & Transfer Appropriations for Various Departments.
– Resolution 2023-649 Grant Extension of Time to File Plans for Ditch 2150-Swancreek Township.
– Resolution 2023-650 Approve Inter-County Transfer for JFS.
– Resolution 2023-651 Accept Recommendation of Loss Control Coordinator for Workers Compensation Claim.
– Resolution 2023-652 Approve Purchase Orders and Travel Requests.
With no additional items to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 9:03 a.m.
Jacob can be reached at email@example.com