By: Lindsay Phillips
Hilltop Board of Education began their December 19 meeting at 6:00 p.m. in the library. The meeting was called to order followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.
Superintendent Jim Wyse opened the floor for public input on the 2023-2024 tentative school calendar to which no one disagreed of.
A discussion regarding board meeting dates for 2023 was had as well as one regarding the schools’ staffing needs for the 2023-2024 school year.
NwOESC Business Advisory Council meeting minutes from the September Quarterly Meeting were given to the board.
Minutes from the previous November 2022 board meeting were approved.
The following items were approved by the Hilltop Board of Education:
- Annual Membership with Ohio School Boards Association for $4,795.00 dollars.
- Purchase of student chromebooks, $19,491.75, Blumm of Texas, $22,650, Dell Marketing. Funding from Small Rural School Achievement Grant.
- Increase of substitute teacher pay to $110 per day beginning January 2, 2023.
- Employments for the 2022-2023 year pending receipt of all credentials and required background checks for Nate Mueschke, Kaiden Clendenin, Natalee Schaffner, Aubrey Wyse and Lana Baker.
- NwOESC Classified and Certified Substitute List for the second semester of the 2022-2023 school year that are provided and maintained by the Northwest Ohio Educational Service Center.
- Thirty-one Millcreek-West Unity substitute employments for the second semester of the 2022-2023 school year.
- Resignation of Sheri Ansted as Reading Tutor effective May 31, 2022.
- Randy Mahlman as volunteer assistant baseball coach pending all credentials and background checks.
An organizational meeting was scheduled for Monday, January 9 at 6:00 p.m. with the regular board meeting to follow.
A monetary donation was given to the board from Steve and Amanda Nofziger and a $500 donation was given by N.W. Brown Electric, Nathan Brown. The board proudly accepted both donations.
Heather Jones was appointed and approved as the President Pro-Tem of the Millcreek-West Unity Board of Education until a president is selected at the organizational meeting.
Lindsay can be reached at email@example.com