The regular meeting of the Gorham-Fayette Local School District was held on November 16, 2020 at 7 p.m. with the following present: Board members Mr. Mat Johnson, Mr. Jason Kessler, Mr. Ryan Eberly, Mr. Kirk Keiser (via Zoom), Vice President Mr. Terry Kovar, Superintendent Angela Belcher, Treasurer Kelly Bentley, HS Principal Jon Molter and Tech Coordinator Rebecca Short.
Superintendent Belcher reported that a remote learning instruction plan has been developed and is ready to implement for both the Elementary and High Schools, should the need arise, however the main goal is to stay on campus as long as possible. She also informed the board that according to the Fulton County Development Committee, the Solar Panel Farm project is still moving forward.
Bentley, school treasurer, reported that the dividend/premium refund checks total for all three distributions is estimated to be $15,515.48 for the school. HS Principal, in his report, said that they will be having Parent Teacher Conferences via Zoom or telephone this year due to COVID.
They are moving forward and planning for Winter Athletic Programs. Christmas Concerts/Programs are still in the works and may be presented digitally this year. Short reported that another storm/lightning damage item was found with the inside PA system and they are anticipating they will have the parts to repair that sometime soon, to be repaired next week.
The Board voted to approve:
- Financial report for October 2020 and the Certificate of Records Disposal
- One-year supplemental contracts for: Aaron Hylander for Sports Concession Coordinator for 20-21; Bryan Stambaugh as the Director of Youth Programs for 20-21, pending proper certification; Kalley Schaffer as 7th/8th Grade Cheerleader Coach for 20-21, All three pending background and reference checks
- Rescind motion 20-66 for Lisa Hintz as Quiz Bowl advisor for 2021
- Supplemental contract for Lisa Hintz as Quiz Bowl advisor for Partial Year for FY21
- Supplemental contract for John Sorrell as Quiz Bowl advisor for Partial Year for FY21
- Rescind motion 20-70 item #g Destiny Stockburger as 7th Grade Girls Basketball coach
- One-year supplemental contract for Destiny Stockburger for 7th/8th Grade girls coach for FY21, pending proper certifications, background and reference checks
- Partial year contract for Michelle Becker as part time custodian beginning November 2, 2020 through June 30, 2021, pending checks
- Kori Sliwinski for substitute custodian for FY21 pending checks
- FMLA for: Jessica Burgermeister August 17-21, 2020; Lisa Hintz October 12-December 21,2020; Tom Franks October 15-23, 2020; Jon Molter October 21-30, 2020; Todd Mitchell November 3-13, 2020; and Jeff Dunford October 29-November 6, 2020
- One-year agreement with Fulton County Health Center for Sports Medicine Outreach Program at a rate of $22.50 per week, beginning August 1, 2020
- Resolution authorizing the execution and delivery of a master electric energy sales agreement between the district and Power4Schools endorsed electric supplier, Engie Resources, LLC, January 2022-December 2024
- Resolution for an agreement from for use of district facilities during COVID- 19 Pandemic
- Facilities Use Agreement COVID-Specific Conditions form
The meeting adjourned at 7:39 p.m.