(January 22, 1888, 133 years ago): The Alvordton United Brethren Church was dedicated. The first church in what is today Alvordton appears to have been the Millcreek Township United Brethren Church. In 1859, this congregation purchased an old schoolhouse at the northwest corner of Main and Michigan streets as a place of worship. The parcel was sold to the Millcreek Township Lutheran Church in 1871. What became of this congregation is unknown. The existing Alvordton United Brethren congregation was organized in 1886. Its wooden frame house of worship on the corner of Woodland and Main streets was dedicated January 22, 1888. The historic structure has since been extensively remodeled and expanded. This circa 1910 vintage image of the Alvordton United Brethren Church is from the Williams County Public Library Photographic Archives.