MAKESHIFT DESK … Adam Panas opened bids for the Crommer Park aggregate project, at the November 21, 2022 Williams County Commissioners meeting. Present in photo are Commissioners Lew Hilkert and Brian Davis as well as incoming Commissioner Bart Westfall. (PHOTO BY REBECCA MILLER, STAFF)
By: Rebecca Miller
Adam Panas from Maumee Valley Planning Organization (MVPO) was present for the 10:00 a.m. portion of the Williams County Commissioners Monday, November 21, 2022 session.
Panas opened three bids in the presence of Commissioners Lew Hilkert and Brian Davis, as well as newly elected Commissioner Bart Westfall, Pioneer Village Administrator Al Fiser and Commissioners Clerk Anne Retcher.
Panas explained that this project was bid to supply aggregate to the county commissioners and the Village of Pioneer to complete a riprap project in the Village of Pioneer at Crommer Park, partly funded by CDBG allocation from 2021.
The pre-bid estimate was for $54,900 and the bids opened that day were from Stoneco, Inc. for $56,790; Pahl Ready Mix for $63,000; and Custer Stone Co. for $61,200.
There were no addendums as the bids were just for material, not labor, and they all had their bid bond paperwork.
Commissioner Hilkert asked Panas to review those and get back to them with his recommendation. Panas said that would probably be on Monday, November 28, 2022.
In the general session, held at 9:30 a.m., the following were approved:
- Resolution 297 – supplemental appropriations
- Resolution 298 – amendment to contract for agreement between JFS and Specialized Alternatives for families of Ohio youth, with an increase in cost in the amount of $30,000
- Resolution 299 – waiting period for healthcare coverage be waived for Shawna Spires, Career Navigator, effective November 14, 2022
- Resolution 300 – contract between JFS and New Beginnings Residential Treatment Center for Title IV-E Agencies and Providers for the provision of child placement, amount payable under this contract is $10,000 and term is January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023
- Resolution 301 – subgrant agreement between Williams County JFS and Northwestern Ohio Community Action Commission (NOCAC) to provide childcare services to eligible recipients in Williams County at a cost not to exceed $35,000 for the term of January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023.
- Resolution 302- authority given to commissioner’s clerk to make all appropriations and transfers as deemed necessary for the operations of the county, and to process all transfers and appropriations as needed to balance out all accounts for 2022, when the board does not meet during December 2022, due to a holiday, emergency or lack of quorum, effective November 21, 2022 until reorganization of 2023.
- also signed: credit card appropriations for sheriff’s office for December; application for Tyler Ditch repair from applicant Melinda Robinson; permits to work within County/Township Road Right of Ways for Ohio Gas, and for Frontier Communications
- minutes of November 17, 2022 and payment of bills
An executive session was held at 10:30 with Sheriff Tom Kochert to discuss security matters.
An 11:00 meeting which had been scheduled to meet with JFS Director Fred Lord for a quarterly meeting was postponed as Commissioner Terry Rummel could not be present.
Rebecca may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org