DECEMBER … As the Williams County Commissioners keep on plugging with the details of 2022, newly elected Bart Westfall is faithfully there at all the meetings in preparation for when he will take Brian Davis’ seat in January. On left are Clerk Anne Retcher and Commissioners Terry Rummel, Lew Hilkert and Brian Davis. Westfall sits across from them and listens. Hilkert has been asking him if he has anything to add, but so far he has declined, stating he is just listening and learning. (PHOTO BY REBECCA MILLER, STAFF)
By: Rebecca Miller
During the Monday morning December 12, 2022 Commissioners regular session, the following items were approved:
- Resolution 322 Supplemental Appropriations
- Resolution 323 Entering into an agreement with Williams County Economic Development (WEDCO) regarding the employment of WEDCO’s Executive Director, Ashley Epling. Commissioner Hilkert explained, “It is an updated agreement and with that, it will supersede any past agreements and will give the Board of Commissioners a seat on the executive board with WEDCO. Since the WEDCO director and other employees are considered employees of the county it will give us the opportunity if there needed to be discussion, we would have a voice there to take care of any situations.” The commissioners already have a seat on the WEDCO Board and this just puts them also on the executive board.
- Resolution 324 – Appointing members to the Williams County Airport Authority Board: reappointing Burton Blalock, Dave Newcomer, Brent Wilson, and Dan Eshman for additional terms. The seven board members are as follows – Kirk Vashaw, Scott Wyse and Aaron Herman April 2, 2020-July 31, 2024; Burton Blalock, Dave Newcomer, Brent Wilson and Dan Eshman August 1, 2021 – July 31, 2025.
- Resolution 325 – Approving amendment #1 to Agreement of Sublease between Ohio Department of Youth Services and the Northwest Ohio Juvenile Detention Training and Rehabilitation Center, Williams County, Ohio. The parties desire to amend the description of the project set forth in the Exhibit A to the Original Sublease in order to more accurately describe the project.
- Resolution 326 – Entering into a contractual agreement between Williams County JFS and Harmony House Visitation – Open Arms for supervised visitation services. Maximum amount payable under this contract is $1000 and term is December 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022.
- Also signed included: credit card appropriations from sheriff’s office for January 2023; Ohio Department of Development request for release of funds and certification for federally funded state projects; dog warden report for the week of November 28-December 4; contractors application payment 1 and final in regards to Oak St. sidewalk improvement; change order #1 in regards to Oak St. sidewalk from Village of Edgerton; monthly dog warden report for November; 2022 prosecutor’s detect report; financial statement of county commissioners; letter to bidders in regards to the hillside farm land; two permits for Frontier for county road rights of way.
- Minutes of December 5, 2022 and payment of bills, and carryovers as submitted by the auditor
Rebecca may be reached at email@example.com